Selling a home is something that you will need to do when you want to move to the next place that you will live. For many people, they don’t want to have to deal with a realtor because of the commission that they will have to pay them. If you are one of these people, then selling your home yourself will be the way for you to go.
Things You Will Need To Do To Sell Your Home Without A Real Estate Agent
When you have decided that you want to forgo the help of a realtor when selling your home, you need to make sure that you have everything covered. Since there will be a lot to do, it is a good idea to make a list and check each entry off as you complete them. Being prepared will help you to stay organized when you are selling your home. Here are 5 of the things that you will need to do to sell your home without a realtor in 2020:
- Repairs – You want to make sure that you have checked the house for any repairs that might need to be done. Do these repairs yourself or hire someone else to do them but make sure that they are completed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Thorough Cleaning – Make sure that you do a thorough cleaning from top to bottom in your home. You want to do each room thoroughly. Be sure to look at the details of the room closely, so everything is neat and orderly.
- Advertise – It is essential to list and advertise the house that you have for sale. You want to make sure that you have thought about the price and what you want to ask for it. Make sure that you tell everyone that you are selling the home and ask them if they know of anyone who would be interested.
- Study Paperwork And Contracts – You will want to get used to the paperwork and contracts that you will need when you are selling a home. Make sure that you familiarize yourself with all of it. You may need to enlist the help of a lawyer to look over the contracts and for advice.
- Show The House – When people are interested in purchasing your home, they will want to look at it closely. Make sure that you have the home in excellent shape so that you can take people on a tour of it. You want the house to be easy to get around in. Having pictures of the home to give to prospective buyers is also a good idea. Make sure that you have a bunch of them on hand.
Selling your home without a realtor is a process, and one that should be taken seriously. Once you are organized, you will be able to proceed without any issues occurring. When the sale of the house is complete, you will want to celebrate with friends and family.
Keep in mind that you can achieve the same results by selling your house to real estate investors in your area that buy houses for cash. Here is a great example of one of those companies who will buy your house “as is” in the state of Georgia https://www.sellmyhousefastinatlanta.com/.